In today’s world, for a business to stay afloat, a company needs to have a deeper understanding of its operations. The board of directors is expected to make decisions quickly and efficiently, and managers are expected to plan quickly and provide extensive information. A board portal can help you with this and much more. But when choosing a program, companies should choose their provider carefully to make a profitable investment. In this article, we’ll talk about how to choose the right advice portal for your company.
Analyze the activities in your company
Before you start looking at reviews of the best advice portal providers, you should look at your company’s needs, and on that basis form clear requirements that you want to see and implement in your organization. What you need to do first:
- Start with a list of required features -no provider offers identical services, and companies have different priorities, so it will be much easier for you to choose the right product if you make a list of priority, desirable and unnecessary features
- The user experience should be the focus – don’t forget about your employees, take into account board members’ ability to work with new technology, because it wasn’t that long ago that the board was conducted with paper, email, and phone communication. So the new system needs to have an interface that’s optimal for everyone and an opportunity for training
- The program should help transform the company and bring it to a new level – the appearance of the new system in the company should have a positive impact on the course of the company, perhaps it will bring some strategic advantage
What features should you look for in a quality advice portal?
Below you will find a list of functions and features that are sure to be present in the board software:
- Enhance your governance process – Now preparing for a meeting will go smoothly and easily, as all board members will be notified of all the details promptly. In case of changes, they can easily be edited, and the rest of the users will be notified. The board portal should have extensive scheduling features, a calendar, a digital whiteboard, and agendas
- Raise the efficiency of your administration department – A good provider will offer to automate many of the administration processes so that organizers can get on with their duties directly, rather than preparing
- Security – Make sure the provider takes the security of your data seriously. Quality portals have modern security protocols, data encryption, and dual authentication features. A board portal should provide a secure online repository for all necessary documents for the meeting
- Alerts and notification add-ons-automated alerts ensure that no board member is left unaware of the latest changes. Thus, the meeting process becomes faster and more efficient because the management doesn’t have to waste time to reiterate the purpose of the meeting
- Intuitive, easy to use – switching to a new system is always stressful. Make sure that the interface of the program of your potential provider will not be cluttered with incomprehensible functions, and it’s easy enough to adapt
- Compatible with the iPad – the advice portal should give members flexibility. For directors to be able to view the information they need wherever and whenever they want, the program must be compatible with all devices and operating systems. This will make it easier to access the information you need and make it easier for participants to work together